What we do
At Shepper, we take care of things for businesses. In both senses. We mobilise our human-powered, tech-enabled network to check their assets quickly, without any fuss or faff. And we take care doing it. It doesn’t matter how small the job is, we make sure it’s done perfectly – every time.
Since launching in 2016 we have already been named a top 100 UK start-up twice, and launched operations in over 20 countries across the globe!
Founded in 2016 by serial entrepreneurs Carl August Ameln, Ben Prouty and Jan Vanhoutte, the team have grown to almost 30 in 3 years. Now we look to the future of Shepper, with exciting plans in order to support our ambitious growth and international expansion targets.
We see Shepper as a challenging, supportive and fun place to work, and are looking for amazing and passionate people to join us at this relatively early stage and become instrumental in growing Shepper across the globe!
Shepper relies on an amazing network of around 5,000 Shepherds who take on various asset checks via a mobile app. We are now looking for a Supply Growth Manager to join our Operations team to ensure we have a healthy supply of Shepherds who are engaged, trained and ready to take on inspections at competitive rates.
You’ll be an instrumental part of our Operations team, developing our onboarding and engagement strategy, and able to confidently take on tasks and completely own them, and excel.
We’re looking for someone creative, with great ideas, who can take on the challenge of constantly innovating the way we build our brilliant network.
- You will manage the supply advertising budget optimising for performance and speed.
- Develop a future supply strategy for Shepper. You will help build and drive the roadmap for how we approach Shepherd supply, onboarding and engagement.
- You will be the business lead for supply performance and will work closely with product to help define the features that need building to ensure we continue to run a growth machine, as well as new product features that will increase engagement and reduce funnel drop out.
- You will use data and analytics to improve processes – to ensure we achieve our supply targets in every territory, you’ll need to carefully analyse our onboarding funnel performance, determine what is working and why, and advise alternative strategies where it’s not.
- You’ll have experience working with paid advertising, writing copy and social media
- Experience in a start-up environment – you’ll need to be resilient and understand how a start-up works. You will be used to building approaches, processes, tools.
- Used to managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a structured and logical way.
- Effective communicator – outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish relationships and influence with a range of stakeholders.
- Track record of ‘getting shit done’ – quickly able to build up an operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. You know when you have enough insight to know when something is good enough for now.
- Inquisitive – infectiously curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo.
- Most importantly, you know the importance of doing an amazing job, and having fun with it!
At Shepper, we don’t just take care of things for our customers, we take care of each other and our Shepherds. We’re kind and considerate. We know people have lots going on – at their desks and in their lives – so we respect each other, support each other, and put people first, always.
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Health and wellbeing budget
- 2 days per year to use for something you care about
- Training and development budget
- Flexible working – we won’t dictate your hours or micro-manage you
- Casual dress code
- Summer and Christmas socials
- The chance to be a part of a growing startup and the next success story
- Team building, Friday drinks, and a very social team
Remember, it’s not just about our live vacancies, if you don’t see anything that matches your skillset, feel free to send your CV and a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch if something suitable pops up!