What we do
At Shepper, our vision is for local communities to be an integral part of the workforce of global businesses. To make this vision a reality, we are building a global network of people who will always be less than five minutes away from wherever clients need us.
We work with businesses across multiple sectors and by combining our app and platform with our network of trusted local ‘Shepherds’, we help our clients check everything from their products and promotions in stores, to bus stops and empty properties.
We were founded in 2016 by serial entrepreneurs Carl August Ameln, Ben Prouty and Jan Vanhoutte and, since then, our team has grown to 30 and our network of Shepherds to over 30,000!
To date we have completed around 100k checks for our customers and raised over £10 million in funding, most recently securing £6 million from a group of investors including the UK’s largest insurance company Aviva. We’re now in scaling mode, 2020 saw us welcome many new faces to the business including a new CEO Lindsay Forster, who will lead our business into its next phase of success.
We’re excited for the future of Shepper, and see our company as a challenging, supportive and fun place to work. We’re looking for talented, driven, caring people who want to join us on our journey and support us in achieving some ambitious growth targets!
Customer Support Manager
You’ll be an instrumental member of the Shepper herd, setting and executing a strategy to manage and grow the relationship with our Network of Shepherds (30,000 and growing) through live chat, email or other innovative methods to achieve a lean high performing team.
You will be responsible for managing and evolving the way we support our network, as we continue to grow rapidly. At times, we undertake thousands of jobs in one day, so your ability to author compelling, innovative solutions are critical; shaping and implementing process people and tech led improvements that enable greater automation, satisfaction efficiency – and measuring everything.
You’ll need to understand the details of every project and be willing to get involved in all aspects of the role in order to assess the support we’ll need to provide to our network while ensuring that all other teams and colleagues in the delivery chain are aligned and engaged.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing a strategy to enable the best possible support for our Shepper network to support the business goals to exponentially increase complexity and capacity
- To be the voice of the Shepherd and represent the network
- Managing and evolving our support team through upskilling and mentoring to deliver a high standard of support
- Recruiting, training and managing support team members
- Analysing & reporting upon performance data to determine actions and improve our overall support
- Designing and implementing measures and feedback loops to ensure we have a robust quantitative and qualitative data set on which to make decisions and investments
- Producing written helpdesk articles and processes to guide more self service
- Improving support procedures, policies and standards throughout Shepper
- Handling any complaints or any major incidents, while implementing a future process for others to follow
- Fully understanding Shepper’s products and services and keeping up to date with changes
- Keeping ahead of developments in customer support by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending courses.
Measure of Success
- Average First Response Time
- Average Reply Time
- Resolution Time
- Net Promoter Score
- First Contact Resolution Rate
- Individual Team performance
- Support Costs vs Revenue
- You have a passion for people and building enduring relationships
- You understand how to map processes and build a culture of continuous improvement
- You have a high attention to detail and are able to spot issues
- You are to be able to assimilate lots of information and focus on detail for long periods of time
- You’re a clear and concise communicator, able to give Shepherds great support
- Interpret data insights to understand Shepherd experience
- You have the ability to spin multiple plates
- Previous experience in using Intercom would be an advantage or an ability to show you can quickly learn new systems.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Health and wellbeing budget
- 2 days per year to use for something you care about
- Training and development budget
- Flexible working – we won’t dictate your hours or micromanage you
- Individual dress code – we want you to be you
- Summer and Christmas socials
- The chance to be a part of a growing startup and the next success story
- Team building drinks and social events, we are a very social team
Apply: email your CV to email@example.com