What we do
At Shepper, we take care of things for businesses. In both senses. We mobilise our human-powered, tech-enabled network to check their assets quickly, without any fuss or faff. And we take care doing it. It doesn’t matter how small the job is, we make sure it’s done perfectly – every time.
Since launching in 2016 we have already been named a top 100 UK start-up twice and launched operations in over 20 countries across the globe! Founded in 2016 by serial entrepreneurs Carl August Ameln, Ben Prouty and Jan Vanhoutte, the team has grown to almost 35 in 3 years. Now we look to the future of Shepper, with exciting plans in order to support our ambitious growth and international expansion targets.
We’re looking for a Country Sales Manager for the French market to join our team in Saint Lazare, Paris. This is an exciting opportunity to build and shape our sales strategy for the French market, working closely with our high profile customers.
- You will be focussed on ensuring Shepper can find and engage with enterprise customers in the French market, confirm that they will get value from our product and service to maximise the chances that they refer us internally and shout about us publically.
- You’ll be responsible for translating and personifying the Shepper culture from the UK office to the French office.
- You’ll be responsible for managing and growing our sales and sales development team in Paris, while travelling regularly to the London HQ for sales meetings and strategy days.
- You will build your own enterprise pipeline within the French market, from sourcing to closing, carrying a quarterly personal and team quota.
- You will be the voice of our French customers to all our teams internally, and the voice of Shepper to our French market.
- You’ll collaborate with our marketing team to communicate the nuances of the French market, and make sure we are focussed on the right lead gen activities.
- You’ll scale the team over time as needed by hiring A-players into your team, with feedback to the Global VP Sales on how we can best hit our ambitious targets over the future quarters.
- You’ll be supporting, guiding, coaching and training the current team, with regular 1:1s and feedback on improvements to make us all more successful.
- You’ll identify key competitors, risks, and opportunities in the French market.
- Desire to help build a world class Sales team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience in B2B commercial management role
- Strong pipeline management, qualification and negotiation skills.
- Experience in B2B tech, marketplace businesses or the gig economy would be beneficial.
- Experience working in a technology startup.
Shepper is a challenging, supportive and fun place to work, and we are looking for amazing and passionate people to join us at this scale-up stage and become instrumental in growing Shepper across the globe!
At Shepper, we don’t just take care of things for our customers, we take care of each other and our Shepherds. We’re kind and considerate. We know people have lots going on – at their desks and in their lives – so we respect each other, support each other, and put people first, always.
- Health and wellbeing budget
- 2 days per year to use for something you care about
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Training and development budget
- Flexible working – we won’t dictate your hours or micro-manage you
- Casual dress code
- Summer and Christmas socials
- Breakfast bar and fruit bowl
- The chance to be a part of a growing start-up and the next success story
- Team building, Friday drinks, and a very social team
Remember, it’s not just about our live vacancies, if you don’t see anything that matches your skill set, feel free to send your CV and a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch if something suitable pops up!