What we do
At Shepper, we take care of things for businesses. In both senses. We mobilise our human-powered, tech-enabled network to check their assets quickly, without any fuss or faff. And we take care doing it. It doesn’t matter how small the job is, we make sure it’s done perfectly – every time.
Since launching in 2016 we have already been named a top 100 UK start-up twice and launched operations in over 20 countries across the globe! Founded in 2016 by serial entrepreneurs Carl August Ameln, Ben Prouty and Jan Vanhoutte, the team have grown to almost 30 in 3 years. Now we look to the future of Shepper, with exciting plans in order to support our ambitious growth and international expansion targets.
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our team in London. This is an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on our brand and how we’re perceived by our B2B & B2C audiences.
- Working with the Head of Marketing & Communications, you’ll create and implement a content marketing strategy to support our business objectives.
- You’ll use market research & data to influence content including subject, medium, distribution and cadence.
- You’ll manage the editorial calendar, collaborating with other team members (designers, photographers) to ensure content is delivered effectively.
- You’ll be responsible for how our brand is perceived by our B2B & B2C audiences.
- This will include ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent with our style and tone of voice.
- You’ll also ensure all content is optimised for search and social promotion.
- You’ll create compelling content, through a variety of mediums, for our B2B & B2C audiences.
- This will include managing the company blog, including content planning, writing & SEO optimisation.
- E-newsletters, case studies, reports, webinars, slide decks, brochures will also be your responsibility.
- You’ll also be responsible for Email Marketing including campaign strategy, creation and execution.
- You’ll continuously analyse our content, optimising to ensure it delivers the greatest business impact.
- You’ll also gather data insights and present these to Senior Management.
- You’ll have excellent writing skills with ideally 2+ years’ experience in a similar content marketing role, this could be agency or client side.
- A university degree in English Literature, English Language, Creative Writing or Journalism is preferred.
- Experience creating content strategy in line with business objectives, analysing data to track progress and reporting on insights to senior management.
- You’ll have experience creating content for both B2B & B2C audiences across a variety of mediums, including long and short form content – social media posts, blogs, newsletters, case studies, slide decks etc.
- An eye for design is also vital, you’ll be able to select suitable imagery to accompany your posts and work with design agencies on artwork and visuals.
- You’ll have an understanding of data analysis, experience optimising your content for SEO and reporting on it (e.g. Google Analytics).
- You’ll have experience creating email marketing campaigns with a basic knowledge of HMTL & CSS and an understanding of email marketing tools (e.g. Pardot).
- Experience in B2B tech, marketplace businesses or the gig economy would be beneficial.
- Experience working in a technology startup would be beneficial.
Shepper is a challenging, supportive and fun place to work, and are looking for amazing and passionate people to join us at this relatively early stage and become instrumental in growing Shepper across the globe!
At Shepper, we don’t just take care of things for our customers, we take care of each other and our Shepherds. We’re kind and considerate. We know people have lots going on – at their desks and in their lives – so we respect each other, support each other, and put people first, always.
- Health and wellbeing budget
- 2 days per year to use for something you care about
- Training and development budget
- Flexible working – we won’t dictate your hours or micro-manage you
- Casual dress code
- Summer and Christmas socials
- The chance to be a part of a growing start-up and the next success story
- Team building, Friday drinks, and a very social team
Remember, it’s not just about our live vacancies, if you don’t see anything that matches your skill set, feel free to send your CV and a note to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch if something suitable pops up!